Converting the Duke - Phase 10 Speakers & Curtains


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cheshire » Nantwich
February 1st 2009
Published: February 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Bangin Sounds


Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the speakers going in, though it was a right mission. Had to take the side panels off to jig saw the holes in, which also meant taking the units out to get the driver's side panel off. As the recesses were not deep enough to house me bangin speakers I had to make an extension ring for both sides. Fortunately I'd left enough excess in the carpet to wrap neatly under the speakers. Finally had to trail the cables under the roof and down the passenger side door frame. With plenty of help from Steve, we managed to get the job done in about 7 hours. Well worth it though!

Curtains


Sourced some sweet curtains on ebay from a good man called Reza from Van-X in Stoke. Not cheap, but worth every penny. Ordered them on Saturday for delivery next week, but then got impatient so cut short a game of golf to go and pick them up. Gave me something do to today after my morning run.

Putting them in was pretty straightforward. Reza had also given me some rivets to secure the rails which worked a treat! Now we just need some warm weather to get 'the Duke' in action! Until next time...


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Trimming the railTrimming the rail
Trimming the rail

Had to cut a notch out of one of the rails to accommodate the door lock throat peg. Steve said that's what its called. I believe him.


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb