Converting the Duke - Phase 4: Lining the floor


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cheshire » Nantwich
April 26th 2008
Published: January 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Laying the Lino Floor...


This wasn't a particularly rewarding task, particularly since it was so difficult to trim the lino accurately, and also as I'd already got a nicely fitting carpet. However, the reason for changing it to lino was because I thought it'd be a little stronger wearing with people jumping in and out of the van when the seats are in.

The magic marking pencil - a block of wood with a pointy end and a hole for a pencil - allowed us to match the shape of the side of the van to the lino floor. Not particularly accurate but sufficient enough to get a reasonable fit that could be trimmed to match exactly. You can buy the real deal at B&Q but since this wasn't a big job I didn't bother.


New Door Panel...


Replacing the back panel in the rear door was a much more rewarding task. The old panel was full of holes but was in good enough order to use as a template for the new one. A nice job for the jig saw and I think the panel looks pretty good. A top tip - when cutting across the grain of the ply, I scored the line of cut with a stanley knife prior to using the jig saw - this stopped the edges from fraying. Am I boring you now.

A stash of 30mm (2.5m in diameter) self-tapping screws together with screw caps topped the job off - just making sure to pre-drill in a solid bit of the door, as there are many spots with big holes in for some reason.

And then her head fell off.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

20 odd self-tapping screws and screw caps20 odd self-tapping screws and screw caps
20 odd self-tapping screws and screw caps

10 screw caps for £1.99 in B&Q or 50 screw caps for £1.59 in Homebase - so I refunded my £12 from B&Q and bought the Homebase caps. Identical.


Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1796s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb