Cloudy Days


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cambridgeshire
June 10th 2007
Published: June 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Really do not like days like this !!!!!!!!

For once not a gloomy start. Instead the day dawned misty and then became gloomy. The forecast was for brighter spells later so I packed the car and set-ff about 1030. The intention was to drive to a woodland car park and then set-off on a circuit on the bike.

Arrived at the woodland to find it closed ! How do you close a woodland ? Obviously very easily …. Notices indicated that the authorities were trimming the conifers to make more light. Found another car park and waited for the sun to appear.

Midday came and went with no sun so tucked into my sandwiches. Another hour passed so effectively giving up I drove to a nearby Nature Reserve, parked and had a brief wander - in the gloom. Interesting location because the reserve in Barnack (a few miles west of Peterborough) was developed on the quarry from which the stone for the medieval cathedral was extracted.

Retreated back to base to catch up on some paperwork. Sunny spells appeared late-afternoon. Thank-you !


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb