Tis good to be home!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Buckinghamshire
August 4th 2006
Published: August 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone!

I guess its been a long time since we officially wrote a blog... so we thought we'd better let all those of you who havent seen us that we're back safe and sound in good old Blighty!
I know we actually got back a few weeks ago, but after a lot of jetlag, unpacking, marathons of washing, catching up on sleep and job hunting, we just havent got round to it - until now!

So what now I hear you ask? Well - back to reality and finding a job and somewhere to live I suppose. Neither has come up with anything substantial yet , although mountains of application forms and CVs have been written!

And so everyone keeps asking us 'what was the best bit?' 'What was the highlight of your trip?' But its impossible to say - there were so many highlights and every country we visited was so different, which was the best thing about it!

But here are a few brief answers for all your questions...

What was the craziest country you visited? India, without a doubt. It was in your face 24/7 and quite hard work, but great fun.

And the most moving? Definately Cambodia. An amazing country with cheerful people and quite a story to tell.

What country did you feel most at home in? Good old Oz, cos theres soo many Brits out there!

Most relaxing place? Raratonga in the Cook Islands. Paradise.

Hottest curries? Sri Lanka - how they eat anything out there is beyond me!

Best animals? On our elephant safari in Sri Lanka, saw so many beautiful creatures.

Best night out? At the ladyboy club in Kuala Lumpur. Where do they hide it all? Fascinating!

Most bizzarre experience? Being chased down the street by a large bull in India

Scariest experience? A particularly hair raising late night tuk-tuk ride in India!

Most fun? Tied between clambering about in the rainforest canopy walk in Malaysia and Scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef.
Best shopping? Bangkok and Singapore - so cheap!

Most impressive palace? Angkor Wat and its various temples in Cambodia. That place is huge!

Most overrated place? Fiji. It just rained, and it was meant to be the dry season.

We got completley sick of: Buddhas and temples. No offence, but after 4 weeks of them you've had enough. Oh, and rice!
We couldnt get enough of: Ice cream - anywhere and everywhere, didnt matter what flavour!

Next time I wouldnt bother with: Taking waterproof trousers.Why, steve? Why?

Next time Im definatley going to: Go skydiving! Oh, and take my own mayo. Aussie mayo sucks!!!


And finally - a big thank you to everyone who supported us on our travels, to all the friends we made along the way, to those who gave us money to travel with in the first place, lent us guide books, gave us great advice, set us emails from home and who generally kept us going over the last six months! You know who you are, and we love you for it!

Thanks to everyone for reading our blog, hope it wasnt too boring, and taught u some stuff u didnt know before. Hope it was funny and didnt make you too jealous!

And now for the final time - its over and out from us!

loads of love

Rozi and Steve
xxx




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb