From the Country to the City


Advertisement
Published: June 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Latest journeys

Car from Budleigh Salterton to Taunton. Car from Taunton to Horsley. Train from Stroud to Milton Keynes (changing in Cheltenham Spa and Birmingham).

Went shopping today in Milton Keynes, it was cool.
Also went to this school (which apparently has a pretty rough reputation) with my uncle and had to join in his presentation about careers and jobs and interviews, which was scary but also cool. (Weird being back in a school too, some of those kids were so tiny).
Then this evening walked to the local Tesco to attend a rally about the 'Living Wage' and actually came quite close to getting in trouble with the cops without realising.
All in all it has been good 😊

Quite enjoying the city after spending the last wee while in the English countryside. Activities included drinks at the pub, picnics on hills, church fairs, tennis games, playing Risk, rain, watching Bambi with my little cousin (twice!) and eating lots of good food (banoffee pie om nom nom).

I also spent a day and night in Taunton which was not exactly exciting but hey.
England is pretty cool but I am definitely looking forward to flying out of here next Friday and getting across the channel to where things start to get more adventurous. Plus meeting up with the Mot kids promises to be pretty awesome.

Oh and I nearly forgot my Last Laugh:
The story of how Alley, the stubby-tailed cat, lost her tail. Tragic but also oddly humorous, poor thing.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb