Bath to Bristol


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Bristol County » Bristol
February 19th 2014
Published: February 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi everybody,

After a bout of the sniffles (remind me to post something about preventing sickness on trips), I have finally the time to write about my recent trip to Bristol. the First bus company is actually a great way to get around between Bath and Bristol. X39 route will take to between the two cities in less than 40 minutes! However, you can take 339 or 338 (all by First ) for a longer but more scenic route, along the rolling country farm hills of England. Because I am a student, I get to go to Bristol for free over the weekend using my First bus pass. I think tickets are less than 10 pounds for return though for a regular trip.

Once we got to Bristol, it was pouring rain, but no harm, there are plenty of indoor activities to do at Bristol. The harbour area was actually covered, so that rain won't deter your travel plans! It was about a 15 minute walk from the bus station to the harbour. Make sure you plan your trip well, though, so that you have the most efficient routes; and also have contingency plans! We were originally going to walk to the Clifton Suspension Bridge, but the rain got too hard, so we took the #8 bus (also by First) there, and the #9 back. The driver going there was very friendly and nice, and actually gave us a shout out to let us know where to get off.

Clifton Suspension Bridge is definitely worth visiting, despite the fact that it is a bit of a ways away from the old city. If you are as interested in history as I am, you should also see the information centre near the watershed at the Harbour before visiting other places. They provide lots of valuable information. According to the guide who works there, Bristol is know for her cidres.

We went to the St. Nicholas Market. You have to try the Pieminister Pies if you do go there. Delicious pot pie that will make you crave for more! Mmmmmmmm. Inside, there is also famous snack rolls and nice tea places for you to enjoy a leisurely afternoon.

For shopping, you can go to Primark. Lots of cheap clothes and shoes!

We had dinner at the Mayflower Chinese Restaurant near the bus station. The food was pretty authentic (HongKong style food). It was a nice comfortable meal after a long day in the rain.

Check out my pictures and my
">video !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb