The Whiston/Smithson Wedding!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Bristol County » Bristol
September 29th 2007
Published: October 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Nailsea, nr Bristol


For those of you (especially in New Zealand!) who weren't at Aim'ee & Marc's wedding I've attached some photos for you to see the events of the day!

A poor weather forecast and a wet morning didn't bode well, but even though we arrived at the church in a light drizzle, by the time the bride and groom emerged as a married couple the sky had cleared. There were some photos outside the church and in the back of the old Model T Ford that then whisked them away to the reception at the Marriott in Bristol! A little traffic hampered the journey to the reception - good old Bristol traffic! - before more photos by the hotel and cathedral in the city centre!

In for some Pimms and Champagne and then up to the bar and reception. A lovely wedding breakfast followed, and then came the speeches! First up, the father of the bride. Richard delivered a lovely heartfelt speech and did well to avoid tears and although pretty nervous did a great job! Marc's speech followed and then Nigel, another of Aim'ees uncles said a few nice words, before the best man Al did his job of trying to embarrass the groom!

Speeches out of the way, the dancing started with a choreographed first dance from the bride & groom - bizarrely choosing a song by Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now - that is almost older than they are! The dancefloor then filled with all & sundry; including an overzealous uncle who gets carried away on the dancefloor after a few beers! Kate (my other niece!) & Ginnie spent most of the rest of the night on the dancefloor, with sore feet and knees (and heads!) the next day!

Come 2am the remaining partygoers had moved to the residents bar and the time came for us to leave the party. We were heading to London later that morning; so we said our tearful goodbyes, I handed back the suit! and we headed off for a taxi!

Aim'ee and Marc are now in Tenerife enjoying their honeymoon and we wish them nothing but happiness today, tomorrow and forever!

We're delighted that we could be there and really enjoyed the day! I've suggested to Kate that, when her time comes to walk down the aisle, she does it in Vegas - that way we can drive up there!!

Rich & Lorraine have suggested they might pay us a visit next September/October, so we'll look forward to that. Our task now is to persuade the girls that Arizona is a viable alternative to the beach for a holiday!

Hopefully the video that I was asked to shoot will come out ok - I'll turn it into a dvd and send to the family when done!

With lots of love to all (especially Karen, Sam & Mike who we all wished were with us but understand that New Zealand/Australia is a long way to come!)

Dave & Ginniexx


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The happy parents!The happy parents!
The happy parents!

Rich & Lorraine looking lovely!
The lovely bridesmaidThe lovely bridesmaid
The lovely bridesmaid

Now, you need to give us another couple of years to save up Katie!!
The ClanThe Clan
The Clan

What a motley crew!
The first dance!The first dance!
The first dance!

Couldn't get a picture of Marc's face - he was concentrating too hard!
Mum & Dad enjoying the party!Mum & Dad enjoying the party!
Mum & Dad enjoying the party!

Glad the speeches were over - time to let their hair down!
Embarrasing Uncle!Embarrasing Uncle!
Embarrasing Uncle!

There's one at every wedding! Some old bloke who thinks he can dance (after a few beers!!)
Dancing queens!Dancing queens!
Dancing queens!

Kate & Ginnie spent most of the night on the dancefloor!
Enjoying the party!Enjoying the party!
Enjoying the party!

Making the most of the dancefloor whilst Marc made the most of the bar!
Chief videographer!Chief videographer!
Chief videographer!

A common site during the day - hope the video comes out ok!


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0802s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb