Normandie & UK Days 10 & 11


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Bristol County » Bristol
June 12th 2019
Published: June 12th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Really need to remember to do this blog every day!

Spent a lovely day in Frome with Andy and Anne, including a pub lunch with Anne's bro and s-i-l, Geoffrey and Diane. Andy and Anne's new (ish) house is lovely, and they're adjusting to this retirement business just as well as we are. It was good, too, to sleep in an actual house for a couple of nights!

Then (Weds) on the road again. Note to self - next time we leave Andy's, ignore the Sat Nav and turn LEFT. The alternatives are really not ok for motorhomes!

Found a caravan accessory shop on the edge of Bristol, who were able to help us with most of the bits we needed (still no replacement for the kitchen tap though!).

Rocked up at the campsite at Bitton mid-afternoon, which led to a change of plan as they don't have electric hook-ups, which means no oven for us! (It was on the booking, but overlooked it). So went off and found a Waitrose to buy stuff we could cook on the hob for a couple of nights. For tonight, that meant lamb chops (at a sensible price, unlike in France!) with Jersey potatoes and asparagus. Delicious!

Weather has been pretty grim - raining again now as I write. But tomorrow is a "city day," so it's no big deal as long as we take our waterproofs!

933 km now, so 77 today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.335s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb