T-minus not many


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Berkshire » Slough
May 4th 2011
Published: May 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

All of a sudden it's close!



Weirdly, and kind of unexpectedly, it's suddenly almost time to go.

Peter & I have passports and all visas. Dad won't know until 3:30 on friday whether he has a chinese visa or not - only just over 12 hours before we go. We're hoping, and keeping everything crossed that his passport returns from the embassy, whether it has a visa or not.

At least then he can get to Almaty - if the passport doesn't turn up; Game over.

We still have no better ideas as to why his visa was refused initially, but they now seem to be looking more and more closely at the details - addresses on the invitation letter, times of arrival, places to visit, times of departure.

All three of us are now packing, checking the last bits & pieces, power cables, adapters, chargers - they are after all the most important bits! I need to take photos, and Peter needs computers! We're pretty much sorted apart from the things we'll realise en route...
Multiple copies of all documents printed and sortd ready to share once we meet up in Munich. Passport copies, travellers cheques copies, insurance document copies, ticket copies...all done in triplicate...

All looking good...I'll probably do one more update before departure, then...we'll see as and when!

Cheers,
Dave


Advertisement



Tot: 0.297s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb