Lviv: Ukraine's most beautiful city


Advertisement
Ukraine's flag
Europe » Ukraine » Lviv
June 27th 2015
Published: June 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Lviv, Ukraine


It was my last journey before moving to Spain, and instead of saving money for that, I decided to spend it all on that journey. The route included a quick tour of Romania, Moldova and Ukraine. We were six friends from different countries who met each other a year before in a summer school in Madrid. I have to say that to us, the region seemed a bit exotic even though half of us belonged to the ‘Eastern European bloc’. And while people were beginning to explore Romania, Moldova, and to a lesser extent Ukraine, were not that touristic.

I heard many stories about the region, one of them that it was rather poor. Well that was partially true. While Kiev looked like a city booming with business, Lviv did appear to us like a place stuck in time. The arrival in Lviv wasn’t a glorious one. The bus from Kiev left us in the periphery from where we had to take a minibus to the center. The neighborhood looked pretty devastated and somebody even tried to rob one of my friends. The impression of the city center was quite different though.

You may view the whole text here: http://happyfrogtravels.com/last-stop-the-city-of-the-lion-lviv-ukraine/


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb