Trip to Swiss Countryside: Harvest Fest Gipsgrueb


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
November 3rd 2013
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 47.4735, 8.3076

Gipsgrueb is a cooperative that Stefan has participated in over the years. They do many interesting things there including having youth groups from around the world come and work on various projects. Some of them also are aligned with peace projects.
The weekend we went, they were having the harvest fest. They had harvested their pumpkins and we were treated to a variety of pumpkin soups, bread, wine and assorted pastries. There were people from the community as well as people that lived at the cooperative.

It was as usual, quite an interesting event. We spent the night and the next day headed back to Zurich. Stefan had a meeting and we needed to go to Swisscom in the train station so did that and then decided to go to IMAGINE restaurant/bar in the train station and eat and have a glass of wine. We sat outside so it was great people watching as well as looking at possible travel plans. The train station is a huge cavernous building with several shops many with outdoor seating so it is a very busy place and it is easy to spend time just watching!



Additional photos below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.049s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb