Christmas Eve


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
December 24th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

RoncoRoncoRonco

Ronco
Geo: 46.1445, 8.72654

Breakfast then boys walked up the stairs from Porto Ronco to Ronco (over 700 stairs!) whilst Georgia, Steven & I met Marcello who was on the way to his orto - he no longer has the garden under the town hall offices, but still goes there for herbs. A minor drama as the boys and I missed each other at the top of the stairs at the church, meaning I was waiting for them (worrying) and they were safely at Zia Teresa's waiting for us.

After a coffee with Zia and Zio, we ducked out to take a few photos of the view, then had a lovely pizza lunch on the lungolago (esplanade) at Ascona, in perfect sunshine.

We all had an afternoon sleep before a visit from Raissa and her boyfriend Matteo, who are considering coming to Australia next year. Then we had dinner with Zio Romano and Zia Teresa and Eurosia - a wonderful raclette, which is grilled cheese on potatoes. Lots of fun and had us looking to buy a raclette grill for Australia!

Home, and the boys went to bed before Georgia, Steven and I headed to Midnight Mass in Ronco, with Zia Teresa where Eurosia was singing in the beautiful choir. A lovely way to welcome Christmas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb