Zii and Ice


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
December 20th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.1445, 8.72654

Having arrived late last night, this morning we did two things - slept in and said hello to the family. It was after 9am when Steven went across the road to the new patisserie at Porto Ronco and 10am before we
a) saw Eurosia, working in the Tourism Office of Ronco
b) had coffee with Zia Natalina and Zio Luciano
c) moved to our next meal of the day with Zia Teresa and Zio Romano, Tino, Eurosia and Raissa. A lovely lunch - Teresa made the best polenta and a pot roast with chestnuts from Il Monte.
Then, after Teresa's delicious apple flan, we moved to Zio Marcello and Zia Gabriella's house - 4th coffee/meal in 3 hours!!

We were exhausted - it had been a big weekend and then a long drive - so all had a sleep. When we woke, I would have been happy to sneak out to buy a bit of pasta for dinner but Steven had more energy, and I'm glad he did!

We went to Locarno, where Steven and the kids had a great time ice skating in the Piazza Grande- I enjoyed taking photos of them, but find the whole thing terribly nerve racking as I'm sure that they will fall over, but it seems my children are much more coordinated than I am! It was so beautiful, all lit up - it was so pretty that it actually looked like it could be a movie set! Dinner was crepes/burgers at the little cabins surrounding the iceskating rink. And, in one of those crazy coincidences, Steven's cousin Daniele walked past us, on his way to dinner with friends - so lovely to see him!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb