Where is Zurich Airport?


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
July 1st 2010
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 47.3727, 8.53576

We packed up quite quickly, and cleaned up at Il Monte. We are so grateful to Zio Romano and Zia Teresa for allowing us to use this wonderful apartment as our base – we couldn't have spent so long without a place of our own, where the kids could do their own thing!

Then, off to Zurich! I drove with Rita, and Steven and Elio had the kids – Elio wasn't really keen to do the last big drive, but it felt a bit silly that I did most of my driving in Europe on the last day (I'd done quite a bit of highway driving, but not so much in the towns). The darned GPS – it had been great in taking us the correct route every other day, but Rita warned us that it took them the wrong way to Zurich airport, through the countryside! We had a few tense moments, as the GPS took us off the 6 lane highway to little country lanes, but (contrary to my husband's advice), I decided that we'd just follow our noses and the highway until a big "Airport" sign appeared. Luckily for our marriage, I was right, and we got to the Zurich airport, and our airport hotel, without going through the city and without incident.

The Allegra hotel was fine – clean and modern. Unfortunately, it was a hot day, and when we asked about air-conditioning, they told us that they only have heating! 30 degree days are not normal! Oh well. We explored the little town – not particularly attractive, and the only kids park that we found was attached to an apartment block, so we weren't very confident that it was a public park – luckily, this didn't inhibit the kids! Dinner at a hotel serving Swiss German food – rosti and sausages. But the prices were Swiss too – a single course dinner for the 7 of us cost nearly $300! Then an early night, in preparation for the day ahead!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb