Basel, Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
August 30th 2016
Published: August 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

And just like that, I'm behind on my posts.

We left Paso Robles about 2:00pm on Sunday and spent up until 11:00pm local time last night in transport of one kind or another. The flight from Phoenix to London was delayed just enough for us to miss our connecting flight to Basel. It was already 2:00pm on Monday the 29th when we landed in London. Between one terminal and the next at Heathrow we went through Security three times.

We went through Customs in Basel, collected our luggage and headed out the door to Switzerland. Another door was marked "France." Because of the flight delay we weren't sure if there was going to be someone from Viking Cruises to meet us or if we'd have to take a cab. We were so relieved to see Anthony holding a sign. He got us to our boat - Vidar - about 11:00pm. Almost 24 hours from start (of air travel) to start (of the cruise).

We have a stateroom with a bedroom and sitting area, plus a balcony. The boat is berthed on the Swiss side of the Rhine. We're spending the day decompressing and learning our way around. It's expected to be about 80F and it's green all around.

It's coming up on 3:00am at home; almost noon here. Maybe I'll find more to post about today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.454s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.3217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb