Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
July 14th 2006
Published: August 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

James and LanceJames and LanceJames and Lance

overlooking a small swiss village in the valley.
So from Roam we headed to Switzerland.

A perfect city is how i would describe it. We arrived in Lucerne (Switzerland) and I was immediatly blown away by the sights. The city itself is immaculate. It is so pretty and there is just an amazing feeling to it. Its so clean and so tidy.
We stopped of at a little shop where I bought my Swiss Army knife and also for some strange unknown reason i also bought a Cuckoo clock. I duno, i think i just like the idea of having a cuckoo clock in my house one day....i really am weird huh! But the clock is cool!

cuckoo

From the city we drove up into the hills where our accomadation was. There were 5 to a room and the beds were lined up side by side. We all know each other pretty well on Contiki now so there were no problems. Our first night we had a Masquerade party, the girls were all excited because they got to get dressed up. Most people bought masks from Venice however a few of us didnt, so we just went Maori and made some out of paper. But they looked good! Check out the photos! So another typical big night on Contiki. Everyone on the bus talks about having a quiet night, which actually means 'lets try make this night bigger than last night' which at this stage of the trip is pretty much impossible, the body is slowing up for sure now.
A few people have come down with sore throats and also what I labelled the 'Katy Cough' Is starting to spread. Katy is one of the girls...or really she is one of the boys on our trip, she sits up the back with us and is up for anything, mind you shes been down and out latley. Great chick, full on and has a mouth that i regularly tell her needs washing out with soap! She is not affraid to tell people what she thinks about them thats for sure and she finds the most fluorescent structured sentences to tell them!

Day two we headed by train up to the Jungfraubahn. This is what they call the top of europe. Situated high up in the Swiss alps 16,000 feet up. Its was a great experience. We managed to get a bit of snowboarding in (well
Lisa and KatyLisa and KatyLisa and Katy

Oh You So Hot Girls.
if you could call it snowboarding, its basically just a track for learners). It really felt incredible winding up the step hills on the train going through the villages up to the mountain. I definatly would love to return in the middle of winter and stay at one of the villages.
It was funny becuase the Saffas and the Auzzies were so amazed by the snow and the views, it was here where Lance and I really realised that we really do take for granted what we have back home. Sure it was a pretty amazing site, but when i think of the times Ive had travelling to the skifields back in NZ, especially when you arrive at National Park on a clear blue crisp winters morning after there has been a huge dump of snow the night before, in all honesty it made even Jungfraubahn look weak. But still a great spot to come in the winter, and perhaps i need to remind myself that it is summer over here so even thoe there is snow, its not going to look as good now as it would mid season.

We headed back to the hostel, everyone was feeling
Lisa, MEEEEE, and Katy.Lisa, MEEEEE, and Katy.Lisa, MEEEEE, and Katy.

do i ruin the dresses?
pretty tired, yet in true contiki styles you just soldier on. Another night out with the crew, another bus arrived tonight so heaps of people were up for it. The hostel is located underneath this beautifull waterfull that drops from hundreds of meters up and at night time its all lit up. A great site. Onto Paris tommorow .

Over and out

james and lance
xo





Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

The 4 MusketeersThe 4 Musketeers
The 4 Musketeers

Woggy, Shannon, James and Lance. Yeah, we forgot to buy masks. Or couldnt afford them.
Another 4 Musketeers.Another 4 Musketeers.
Another 4 Musketeers.

Markski the Auz, Jameski, Matski another Auzki and Lanceski.
Shannon and LanceShannon and Lance
Shannon and Lance

10am in the morning Lance getting motion sickness on the train ride up to the mountain. Shannon suggests to cure it with another beer. Their day begins...
Shannon James and LanceShannon James and Lance
Shannon James and Lance

In The Ice Tunnel at the top of the swiss alps.
Western AustraliaWestern Australia
Western Australia

Apparently its keenan kewl to make this signal with your hands if your an aussie and live out west. I dunno, aussies are just...aussies i guess. Dorks. :)


2nd August 2006

YOUR a dork
But i still miss u ! So great to read your emails.... sooo lisa ay..... neways stay safe be true love ya Jo
6th August 2006

hey guys. sorry havent emailed, bit of a slacker. Sounds like you having an amazing time. Got back from snow today,it was amazing. Email soon. miss you. keez
17th September 2006

i forgot i had the link to this in an old email from you--GREAT PICS!! it looks like you're having SUCH a blast. i'm craving europe now like you wouldn't believe. BE GOOD:)
20th September 2006

yo yo
Hey ya Erin hows it. Man you should so come back to Europe! Its the bestestest. How is America?
20th September 2006

Hey Keysals hows it going. No problemo. I sent you a Gmail the other day, raise me up a reply! Take care. Da Boys.

Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb