Night out


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
May 29th 2012
Published: May 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Treated ourselves to a nice meal at a local eatery by the Reuss, we started with chewy bread, balsamic vinegar and olive oil before consuming pasta for mains. The parmesan cheese to grate over our meals was supplied in a unique wooden rotating device that could be bought at the cafe and taken home (if you decided it was worth E54). Easy to use and rustic looking, it would be a real talking point!

Later we stopped to sit and watch the swans carry out their rigorous preening routines, which are continually interrupted by the inquisitive local ducks. Some of the smaller ducks dive right under the water and go to the bottom of the river. When they emerge their feathers are intact, with only a few droplets of water remaining on their heads!

Taking our last walk across the wooden bridge, we admired the planter boxes of full bloooms that extend the full width of the bridge, the peppery aroma of the flowers wafts across us as we take photos.

Back to the apartment for our LAN party, fresh oranges and chocolate,it is a hard life. Up across the clear evening skies I watch as a few jet streams are created by distant aircraft. They make double scatch lines randomly across the sky.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb