Longest day of my life


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
July 5th 2014
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.2038, 6.13996

(Erin here.) Even for the four of us who have done a fair amount of traveling, today broke all of our personal records. We flew from Boise to Chicago, where we were supposed to board a plane to Toronto, but that flight was delayed so many times, we missed the chance for our connection to Geneva. Aaron and Sean worked with our new friend Ritu at the United ticket counter to get a new connection through Madrid so we could still be to Geneva at a decent time. After the shortest night ever while in flight (whenever you travel east), we landed in Madrid in time to see the sunrise over the beautiful arid Spanish countryside. Then it was onto Geneva where we boarded a train for an hour, followed by three windy bus rides to get us to the quintessential Swiss village of Champex-Lac. The lake is a lovely green jewel surrounded by soaring mountains. All in all, we had been in motion in one mode of transportation or another for 28 hours. Whew! We were so happy to hit the pillow that night. When I awoke wide awake at 3:00 a.m., the sky through our open window was filled with dazzling stars.

Advertisement



6th July 2014

holy cow! who knew a day could be that long? some say that the appreciation of the accomplishment is directly related to the effort to get there. looks like arriving after this travel day should be amazing! glad you're on the ground saf
e. enjoy! and thanks for posting. i'll look forward to pics. love, dad

Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb