Off to Lucerne


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
November 15th 2016
Published: October 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 47.0457, 8.30824

So we left Florence early today as Lucerne is a fair way away. Not much happens during bus trips, in fact I fell asleep, so there is really nothing much to tell.

On the way to Lucerne, the scenery was magnificent. As good as the scenery from Innsbruck. Driving in the Swiss Alps with the snow capped mountains was indeed a magnificent sight. We went through the Gotthart Drive which is a tunnel that is 17kms long.

We did a little detour on the way to Lucerne, we went to a small town of Altdorf. What's there? That's where, according to legend, William Tell shot an arrow through an apple sitting on his son's head. It was a quiet town and we saw the statue of William Tell. Quite an impressive little town with the snow capped mountains beside it.

After that detour, we went for a cruise on the Lake Lucerne. It was cold. Out on the lake, with the boat going, it was cold. Again it was impressive. Snow capped mountains surrounded us. It took about an hour to reach Lucerne but it was well worth it. Picture perfect.

Once in Lucerne, we took a small walk to the Lion Monument and after that, headed to the hotel.

There should be more tomorrow so until tomorrow!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0703s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb