tropical weather?!?!?


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Verbier
February 2nd 2009
Published: February 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello,

so it's tropical weather here today +4 degrees !!!

But i hear that you guys have lots of snow over in the Uk - you'll have to send me pictures of you building snowmen.

So Charlotte and John arrived last Sunday. Their chalet was just round the corner from ours so it wasn't far to go down and visit them. We went for dinner with them for Charlottes birthday on the sunday and went out on the Wed night. We met them up on the mountain for lunch too. It was really nice having them here - we had a big night out on Sat which some people (John) were a bit worse for wear after. (see the photos)

They were rather lucky as it snowed for about 4 days before they arrived. I'll post some photos showing just how deep it was. We managed to go out on the Saturday and play in the powder - the snow was so deep it was over your knees. We were exhausted. It was rather foggy so we didn't take the camera but we took some photos on the slope next to our apartment - the 'piste prive' as Phil calls it. It was quite dark and snowing so you might not be able to tell that it's me!!

There was a polo tournament in Verbier this weekend which was pretty weird watching them playing on snow.

There's not many guests at the chalet so we've managed to go snowboarding with some of the staff (see photos).

The girls have both got conjunctivitis from playing out in all the powder so they are feeling a bit sorry for themselves - not that it's stopping them from running round in the snow still!!

Hope you are all well

F and P x x x


****HAVING PROBLEMS WITH PHOTOS SO WILL POST ANOTHER BLOG WITH THEM ON.****


Advertisement



Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb