it's melting!!!!!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Verbier
January 12th 2009
Published: January 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately ( as the wicked witch of the West did when Dorothy threw the water over her ) the snow is doing a great job of melting. The weather has been glorious - beautiful blue skies and lots of sunshine - it was even +3 degrees the other day, but it's not much good for keeping the snow. It's not snowed since new year so we're in real need of a good dump.
That said it's been nice for walking the dogs - all 3 of them, i'll post a picture of Samba. And ok for Phil driving around in his death trap van!!

So I'll also post some pictures of something you thought you'd never see again - PHIL ON SKIS !!! yes Chris it is true and unfortunately he's really quite good still !! we took a day trip over to Bruson to go out on the quieter slopes on Saturday and the snow was much better.

Phil has managed to get the Sky working - so all you visitors will be glad to here you can have some TV while you are here (which is good because the playstation is making some terrible noises and sounds like it is trying to die on us - over use i think!!)

We've still not managed to go sledging but phil has a holiday day tomorrow so we might manage to go snowboarding at lunch time. He's off visiting Alex and Jack in Val d'isere (or however you spell it) today so no doubt he'll be hungover still when he gets back.

Hope all is well over in the UK - i get bbc1 news at work and it's all rather depressing i have to say (though i do get to watch diagnosis murder in the afternoon)

Hope these photos make Isobel happier

love F and P xxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

phil on skisphil on skis
phil on skis

with gussy who works at the chalet
SambaSamba
Samba

looking sweet and innocent


12th January 2009

oh no!
Oh no, don't say it's melting! Joe will be gutted! Cross every part of your anatomy for it to snow lots in the next two weeks!
15th January 2009

just realised
just realised what a random selection of clothes i'm wearing !! we'd just got back from snowboarding so i'd changed into some other trousers that don't go with the jacket and i had major helmet hair so i shoved on any hat that came to hand !! oh dear !!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb