Training our way to the tip top of Europe


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Lauterbrunnen
July 14th 2007
Published: July 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On our last day in Interlaken, we took a train over to Lauterbrunnen, and from there up to Jungfrau, which is constantly being advertised around town as the 'top of Europe' and really is quite amazing despite it being a little over-touristy for my taste. The train ride up and back was pretty much an all day affair, but the views were incredible all the way up. Two little california girls sitting across from us on the train were highly entertaining with there stories: how they lived in Germany and Thailand for a while, and there favorite cat in the whole world named peanut butter foo foo fluff, and the fact that they were each wearing seven layers of pink clothing. They played with my ipod, listening mainly to simon and garfunkle, and kept shouting their stories loudly enough for the whole train to hear with the headphones in. Everyone was smiling and laughing and their parents were glad to have a break. When we finally got to the top people were going nuts running all over the place in their down jackets and mega hiking boots, snapping photographs like the snow was going to melt any minute (although it stays put year round). Meanwhile, Molly and I were a bit underdressed for the arctic like weather surrounding us, and not into shoving old women and children aside for a nice photo op like some of these folks were doing, so we just wandered around taking it all in. Later that night we took the train to nearby Grindlewald, to spend a day or so doing some hiking that we had heard great things about.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



18th July 2007

Your first travel book title---
"I've GOT IT- a sure best seller (to the 20-something set) - "How to Party Down and Hike Up to the Hottest and Coolest parts of Europe Carrying only Strappy Heels and Flip-flops....." Whaddya think?

Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 79; dbt: 0.1421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb