Almost under a Tropical Sun


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Lausanne
September 29th 2011
Published: September 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

first 10 thousand Ko

First leg with swiss quality : Zurich - Bangkok by Swiss International Airlines

Here we go


Welcome dear reader to our travel blog. This blog will be your window though which we will take you from the ever so hectic streets of Bangkok to serene mountains of Himalaya in our quest of the Orient. You will be on a ride from the steamy jungles of far-east Asia to underwater miracles of Andaman sea. The journey is about to begin, fasten your seat belts and enjoy the ride with us!

The preparations are nearly done. A myriad number of vaccinations taken, visas applied and tons of background material perused. The most importantly we have a rough road map to guide us during our voyage.

To boldly go where no man has gone before, our journey starts in Bangkok on the October 15th. We will stay there for a couple of weeks to get used to being again in succulent Asia. After that we will fly to legendary Kathmandu in Nepal, where we have 5 weeks to find the elusive yeti! By mid-December, we will fly to Australia, Down-Under, where the plan is to hire a caravan and go around and about. Not to mention to do some serious diving in the Great Barrier Reef. In March, our journey continues to Indonesia for some paradise island-hopping and some more diving. By the time of Thai New Year in April we will be back in Bangkok. One does not want to miss that party! During our last 3 months in the Southeast Asia, we will be following the infamous trail of Golden Triangle and Mekong Delta. Let's roll!

We still believe in Paradise. Nastya&Kalle

“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” - Marcel Proust

Advertisement



4th October 2011

first comment
Ah! Best wishes to this particularly fine test of marriage. Strong love is only formed when you are lost in the jungle with hyperactive bowel movements. Commendable! Well, we\'re off to the mushy mushroom forest here in Finland. Everything is covered by dew, and everybody is getting the flu. I have a snow blower on order. The sun is about to disappear for half a year. Allergic to cold and afraid of the dark as I am, I can\'t help but to join you in spirit. I aim to follow religiously!
4th October 2011

Nothing does bring about more joy in writing than a devoted reader! Hope your catch of mushrooms has been abundant and you got enough to preserve some of them for those dark winter months to come. Not that you need to worry about the winter with your brand new snow blower. Greetings to the rest of the family.

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb