Edit Blog Post
Published: April 2nd 2006
I'm still at home in Switzerland.... however, departure is now only about 24 hours away.
The question now is whether I am ready to go...
- Mentally - I suppose so. I'm looking forward to it actually!
- Packing - The things I'm taking are all nicely laid out. Will it fit in my backpack?
- Vaccinations - OK: I should now be protected against scary things like Japanese Encephalitis.
- Visa - India/Vietnam/China are done. Apparently I don't need to get any for the other countries (Except for Cuba, but we're supposed to get that at check-in in Toronto ?!)
So, tomorrow morning I'll be catching a flight from Geneva to London Heathrow. In England, I'll meet up with Phil, a good friend from my time at university in Southampton, and with whom I'll be travelling these coming months. We have one day for some last minute planning before we actually leave for the unknown.
I suppose this might be a good time to actually clarify where we're going. We booked a Round the World ticket with the Star Alliance for about 2600 Euros. Pretty good value for money considering the number of routes we'll fly on. So here goes:
- 04/04/2006 - 08/04/2006: Turkey: Istanbul.
- 08/04/2006 - 12/04/2006: United Arab Emirates: Dubai.
- 12/04/2006 - 05/05/2006: India: Arrival in Chennai. Flight out of Mumbai 3,5 weeks later.
- 05/05/2006 - 17/05/2006: Singapore and Malaysia: Arrival in Singapore. Departing from Kuala Lumpur.
- 17/05/2006 - 27/05/2006: Vietnam: Arrival in Hanoi. Leaving from Ho Chi Minh City.
- 27/05/2006 - 16/06/2006: China: Travelling by land from Hong Kong to Beijing, via Shanghai.
- 16/06/2006 - 21/06/2006: Japan: Flying into Osaka, but more likely to spend some time in Kyoto.
- 21/06/2006 - 30/06/2006: United States: Driving around California.
- 01/07/2006 - 02/07/2006: Canada: Toronto - just because we couldn't catch a connecting flight the same day....
- 02/07/2006 - 09/07/2006: Cuba: Havana and surroundings
- 10/07/2006 - 12/07/2006: Arrival in the UK and flying back to Geneva the next day...
At the moment, I don't even want to think about the above radically changing due to unforeseen events....
Ok, next entry will be from Istanbul!
Tot: 0.403s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 17; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0176s; 1; m:saturn w:www (184.108.40.206); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.4mb