Germany to Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
August 30th 2016
Published: August 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

EuropaPark was fab. Left Fugly early to the call of the 'coasters... First the Silver Star (in tribute to the Mercedes F1 team), and then on to Russia, two water rides, the bob sleigh and then on to the amazing Gaz Prom Blue Flame doing 0 to 100 mph in a nanosecond.

We had planned to visit EuropaPark for half a day - no hope! After a sub standard meal at 'Spices', the new multi cultural 'restaurant', we left the park at c3.30pm and left Camp Resort at 4.20pm after filling up with water etc. Only one drama with Fugly before leaving. Managed to fuse the electrics by running the aircon unit and attempting to shower as well... Note to selves to switch the aircon off before using other appliances!

The journey from Germany to Switzerland was without major trauma (that is, if you disclude stopping at the border to purchase the mandatory road tax at the cost of 40CHF). A stop of about 20 minutes and a rude police officer to boot!

We arrived in Interlaken at around 8pm and checked in to Jungfrau Camp - our second visit (the first was in 2013). A great site with a great view. woke up to cloudy vista and Jungfrau in the distance, sulking at the sight of a majestic Eiger.

The day was planned to perfection and after getting off the motorbike, VFR, which fits (just!) in the garage along with helmets and clothing. we headed out to Ballenberg for a museum devoted to buildings salvaged from original locations right across the country. Beautiful and interesting. Lunch of local cheese and meats then back to Unterseen, a quick turnaround and out to town for fondue and drinks at the bar on the 18th floor of the Metropole. Stunning view of the town.

ps. Best to rob a bank prior to a trip to Switzerland or already have an account there......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.38s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1111s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb