The travels of Fugly the Hymer


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Grindelwald
August 31st 2016
Published: August 31st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Up early this morning before sunrise.... on a mission. The mission, should you wish to accept, is to get to Jungfraujoch before cloud and rain stop play. As said previously, a bank robbery is in order for Swiss trips. This one more than most. From Fugly in Interlaken, via the trusty VFR to Grindelwald for the train to Klein Scheidegg, change there to the Jungrau train taking you to 11000 ft or so. 360 CHF! Phew!

Then the fastest lift in Switzerland to the top observatory on Jungfraujoch. Stunning views of all the mountains all at 10k ft or more. Monroes....pah. Very good tour including a freebie Lindt ball, snowy fun on the plateau, ice palace and of course the obligatory souveneir shop. Thousands of slitty eyed bods up at the top all doing selfies while being completely inappropriately dressed........they just get in the chuffing way.

The altitude affects everybody and the train is so quiet on the way down despite a full on emergency stop for no apparent reason burried deep up the Eiger. All that happens is a few tired bods open one eye and fall fast asleep again. Apart from me. My better half thinks I look like I have had a stroke when nodding off, so prods and pokes to make sure I cannot look "that way".

Anyway. Back down to the halfway mark and then change trains for yet more slittys. It's apparent that the group are Nippon based as they give admiring glances to the cherry red VFR, complete with panniers. We discover that our lids go inside the panniers today, after just 3 years of ownership.....Muppets we are. Nice ride back to Interlaken and spot a Lidl store close by. Oh joy of joys. Bargains in Sweiss are few and far between...... Back to Fugly for suchi and sun. Rain not stopped play yet. In fact we decide to take a dip at the camp pool. deserted apart from us..... I gingerly get in after much protesting, but water babe Burton gets in with gay abandon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.364s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb