Interlaken


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
June 18th 2006
Published: June 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We took the night train from Berlin to Zurich which wasnt exactly comfortable as we had reclining seats that didnt really recline all that well. From there we caught a short train into Interlaken and got there about lunchtime.

The scenery is just incredible. Beautiful aqua lakes situated in the valleys that are surrounded by incredible mountains. We took a good 40 minute walk with our packs on to find the hostel and it was about 30 degrees again, so that was a bit of fun. We checked in and started to look at what we could do for the afternoon before sitting down to watch the Aussies play Brasil.

We decided to do a little sky diving and they picked us up straight away and took us to the dive site. They do the only helicopter diving in the world and we were given a somewhat short brief on exactly what to do. We then got strapped to the guys - I dived with an Aussie called Andrew and James went with the American guy Mark. The chopper was incredibly small and I squeezed in the back while James got to half sit in the chopper and half hang out with his foot on the peddle - there was not door! That made things a tad interesting - glad it wasnt me!!

It was pretty cold by the time we got to the top and we could see over to the large Swiss mountains Jungfrau, Monch and Eiger which was really cool. James jumped first and then it was my turn. The freefall was awesome (if not a tad cold) and I found that I'm not a screamer which was cool. When we pulled the shoot, he did some twists and turns and my stomach went flip flop, so by the time we got to the ground I was a tad pale, so needless to say Im glad I hadnt had lunch yet. James was actually allowed to grab the reigns (or whatever you call them) and guide the shoot and play for a bit which was cool, but he had dived before so kinda knew what he was doing.

So, it was awesome! The scenery was amazing and the dive was quite a rush. Later in the arvo we went back and watched the Aussies lose to Brasil, but what can you do?? We will win the next one though - James is quite confident we will get through.

Better go, photos will follow soon!

Advertisement



25th June 2006

Wow!!
Hi Guys, Sounds like you are having an awesome time. Love hearing about your exciting travels, it makes me want to greab my backpack and do it too!!! Keep the blogs coming, they're great! Love, Aims
30th June 2006

Happy B'day Tan!
Hey Tania, Happy B'day for today. We're all having drinks in the office 'cause it's Friday. Stewart said that we'll have one for you (and James). Well done the both of you for jumping out of the heli. Very 007. T-TOW! Jenny :)

Tot: 0.295s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb