We have found a new residence!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
June 18th 2009
Published: June 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello all

We wanted to inform you that we have decided to sell our house and move to Switzerland! Anyone else in?? Just kidding! But as you can tell it is amazing here. We have done a lot since our last update, so I will try to make it as brief as possible.

Munich> Our second day in Munich brought us to Dachau. The memorial concentration camp just outside Munich. It is a very hard experience to put into words. I can not decide if it made the Holocaust MORE real or MORE unbelievable. Overall the memorial was set up extremely well. We first got the audio guide and took the tour around the camp grounds. It was almost impossible to imagine all the things that happen on that same exact ground! We then watched a movie and went through the museum. Overall it was more than I expected. We both felt that it paid a great respect to all those effected by all the actions taken during WWII. It was not at all commercialized and very low key. After a few hours at the camp we headed back into Munich. We climbed up the bell tower of one of the churches in the city and got gorgeous views all around. Then off to experience our first German brat (no comparison to anything in WI) and then we made our way to the Englischer Gartens. It was a gorgeous setting and even had surfers in the river that passed through the garden. The rest of the afternoon/evening was spent enjoying some HUGE German beers and some pretzels the sizes of our heads. A great way to end out last night in Germany. The one thing we can say for sure about Germany is that we need more time, we will be back.

Interlaken> The next morning we woke up early and hopped a train to Switzerland. After 6 hours on the train and two changes in trains we finally made it to Interlaken, and it was worth the wait. Crystal clear lake, snow covered mountains and overall a great little town. We checked into our hotel and the owner gave us a recommendation for a nice hike, so we did that. Great views of the mountains and the town below. Pictures will never do it justice. HAd a great sleep last night and woke up refreshed this morning. We took a train up a ways into the mountains and hiked around the for about 4 or 5 hours. Again, amazing views, and mountians that seemed to go on for days! Hopefully we got a few pictures that will do it justice. Also, the spring wild flowers were in full bloom, which was an added bonus to the sights! The only downfall was not realizing ohow powerful the sun was and getting a little TOO much sun. Tonight we bought food to make dinner at our hotel and are heading out tonight to catch some live music at a local bar. We dont' quite know what is in store tomorrow, paragliding, kayaking, whitewater rafting, it all depends on the weather.

Hope all is well back home!



Advertisement



19th June 2009

picturesk
Can't wait to see your pics from Switzerland!

Tot: 0.313s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb