Day 4


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
May 25th 2009
Published: May 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This morning we started out in Interlaken for a tour of a the Grand Hotel, a 5 star hotel in Interlaken. It was a gorgeous hotel, but it confused me because it was grand and luxurious and old on the outside, but inside it was updated and modern in parts, it just didn't seem like anything really went together. It was interesting to me how they had 2 small beds then pushed them together to make a big bed for their double rooms. The rooms were beautiful and had some great views. I wouldn't mind staying there, that's for sure. Lunch was delicious at their Pastateca as well. I had the pasta with garlic pesto and prawns. Then for desert we had some ice cream on a biscotti with rum sauce. Amazing.

We then headed to the center of Switzerland to see the DTC Hospitality school. The drive was beautiful. The school seemed very prominent. You could tell these students were very focused and ready to study to be the best they could be. It's a little crazy how they eat, sleep, study, and entertain themselves all in the same building. I think that would get old. And Im not a fan of the uniforms that they had to wear. Yes, they looked professional, but I don't like uniforms for a college setting. However, it showed how they were everyday people like us when we saw them sitting down to dinner in their normal clothes and such.

This was a long day, but I learned alot and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb