Grindelwald


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Grindelwald
July 31st 2011
Published: July 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

People walking on the trails beneath the cable carsPeople walking on the trails beneath the cable carsPeople walking on the trails beneath the cable cars

Many families and people walk the tracks around First and below the cable cars to First
We spent this morning getting food, doing washing and bringing this Blog site up to date since we did not access to wifi internet while away in France.

We have both chosen where we want to have our last two days in Switzerland with our favourite spots. Lindsay chose First and a walk to the Bacalpsee. We knew it was going to be teeming with tourists but we are tourists too so today we did the touristy thing. First is fantastic for it's views directly at the mountains across the Grindelwald valley. The journey up in the chairlift is the best that we have experienced in this country. It is idyllic. You look out over the valley with it's farms and town, but below as you journey up are the cows and their bells, goats, families out hiking on the tracks, families on the downhill Trotti Bikes, colourful paragliders over the valley, cyclists biking the many bike trails, younger people on the giant flying fox, waterfalls, gushing streams, forest, strange folded rock formations, high pastures, then at the top the many people hiking the track to the lake for the superb scenery. Sigh - we will miss it.

It is the Swiss National Day tomorrow which we wanted to be here for because our last experience of it was fantastic. The houses already have their myriad flags of the canton and country flying on their houses and buildings.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb