Round and round we go.


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Geneva » Cologny
August 5th 2011
Published: August 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

DennerDennerDenner

This was the grocery store.
Today we ventured into Geneva. Our goal was to find a grocery store. Christophe pointed one out to me on the map yesterday. (Christophe and Joséphine picked us up from the airport yesterday. They were very friendly and very helpful.) As we were driving into Geneva, Isabelle said her 2 classic lines, 'I'm hungry in the car,' and 'I have to go to the potty.' We found the following restaurant - Pizzeria Restaurant Ponte Vecchio - to eat at and use the potty. The food was good, however, at this restaurant we got the hairy eyeball. Avery and I ordered a salad and pizza to share - for us and the kids. The waiter wasn't too pleased with us. He thought that we should be ordering more food. Afterwards, I saw him mumbling to himself about us ordering so little. I must say that I didn't feel too welcome at this restaurant.

After out eating experience, we got into the car and went looking for the grocery store that was pointed out by Christophe. We drove past the place, but weren't sure if there were groceries or not. So, we kept driving. We finally found a grocery store called Denner. However, we could not find a parking spot by the grocery store. So, we drove around and around and around until we found a spot relatively close.

Getting the hairy eyeball at the restaurant - 39.80 CHF (Swiss Francs)
Finally finding a parking spot at the grocery store - 113.10 CHF
Finding our way back to Avully - Priceless

Jarod

Advertisement



7th August 2011

funny
Jarod, you write the way you speak....I think they call that a writer's "voice"? :) Try to avoid the hairy eyeball when possible, and ignore it when not - they are going to learn to LOVE you guys over there....in time.

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb