Tuesday May 26


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Engelberg
May 27th 2009
Published: May 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we visited the Mount Titlis ski resort. Peter informed us that in 1120 it was founded by Benedict’s Monetary. The first cable car was put in January 21, 1913, the first skilife Jochpass in 1943, walkinglift chair in 1944 and the first revolving cable car that can hold up to 80 people was in 1992. Peter also told us that this ski resort was the biggest in central Switzerland and the Terrace at the top of the mountain was the biggest in central Switzerland as well. As of right now the resort has two hotels and the Chalet is used not only as a bar and café but as a meets, and conventions space as well. Peter explained to us there future plans of one day combined all the resorts on the mountains and make one big resort. They also plan on building apartment that you can rent out for weeks or even months at a time.

When we first got up on the mountain we heard there was a storm coming but we didn’t let that get in our way. On the Terrace we had the opportunity to go inside an igloo, play in the snow and take some great pictures. After that we went inside and had lunch. Our appetizer was a salad that had all kinds of different stuff it in with many different flavors. Our main course was spaghetti and we had three different kinds of sauce that where amazing. Once we all warmed up and ate we went back outside to get on the lift to view the glaciers and ride enter tubes. We were unable to see down in the glaziers because there was too much snow and it was kind of early in the season. Once we got back from tubing we decided to go see the glacier cave which was under the resort. It was beautiful and they also had a thing that played different kinds of music and you could choose one before you began walking through the cave.

Before we were about to leave we encountered the storm approaching which many of us were worried about because we didn’t want to be stuck up at the top of the mountain for the rest of the day. We eventually were able to go down and it was pretty scary because you couldn’t see anything around you, it was like we were in the clouds. We were also unable to ride the scooters down because of the storm and many people were upset about that as well but in all we had a great day of snow and fun.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb