Back to flims


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-East » Flims
March 29th 2006
Published: April 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Top day!Top day!Top day!

Havin a rest while emma recovers from a twisted knee.
"The Kamikaze skier"
I come ripping down this really nice black run for the first time (steep as @ first then is a really top run) The sun is beating down under the bright blue sky, really nice snow @ higher altitude but as you get lower the snow was starting to melt and get slushy & form hazardous mounds everywhere!
Should i try and slow down!? Nar go hard or go home!
Next thing i know i get some air and come down & land on 1 of the mounds of snow thus resulting in a mass of skis, limbs & poles tumbling down the Mt!

I arrived in flims & most of the staff where all ready there so the Mou (the big staff share house) was full. So me n Mike (UK lad) got to stay @ the Chesa hotel, free buffet brekky, bath, huge room & a veranda with a top view of the slopes.
The next 2 days we got to free ski & i didn't forget how to ski, which i was a bit worried about!
The first few days i had the beginners down in kinderland, so no skiing. but the weather was
GlisteningGlisteningGlistening

As the snow melts it gets slushy!
tops, sunny & warm (we could even just wear a t-shirt). Then we got some mid week snow (lucky cause the snow was melting @ a rapid rate!) The rest of the week i was with a better group so i got to ski up the Mt.

The usual day off scenario occurred, go to the pub Tuesday night then ski all day wednesday, then party again! I was up the slopes a bit after 9am for a solo ski then met all the other slackers at lunch then they (all gun skiers) took me n Amy, a kiwi (both virgin off piesters) on a top off piest run! (making your own way down the Mt through fresh powder snow, around/over rocks & through trees!)

There is something exhilarating about weaving down a slope making fresh tracks through shin deep powder, then looking up and seeing your tracks stand out on there own! I was quite hard but so much fun and the guys where great waiting for us If we wiped out & tellin us good lines to take, nice one!. That night i soaked my aching body, then we partied for megs B'day.

Over the
Lenya barLenya barLenya bar

havin a beer @ the bar !@ the bottom of the slopes after a day of skiing. ( check out my ice beer cooler, on my right)
10 days we had some perfect sunny days, a few days awesome skiing, top kids, good families & some fresh snow a top way to end the flims experience!

Next stop London then Scotland


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Top Black run!Top Black run!
Top Black run!

Max took us on a shit hot black run over behind vorab.
View from the chesa!View from the chesa!
View from the chesa!

This was taken on our balcony of the hotel. bit of a change the mou!
Flims gang!Flims gang!
Flims gang!

On a day off party night!


25th April 2006

t shirt
great pics aaron,can you bring the cooler home'?looks like you are having lots of fun,you are going to miss it.

Tot: 0.5s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 26; qc: 105; dbt: 0.4218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb