Big Sale On Trips Today---- 2 for the price of 1


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-East » Ardez
September 4th 2014
Published: September 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Tarasp Castle near Scoul, Switzerland Tarasp Castle near Scoul, Switzerland Tarasp Castle near Scoul, Switzerland

Taken through the glass of a moving Swiss Train
Hello everybody,

These last few days we have toured through two very quaint villages. Soglio and Ardez. Both in the Engadine Valley. This architectural form is not found any where else in Switzerland or in Europe for that matter. Most of these buildings sre from the late 1500's to the 1600's. My favorite maybe the Adam and Eve House in Ardez. All the villages are not as nice as these. You need to do some research to know where to go. When we went to visit the village Guarda. We exited the train only to find that the village was a 40 minute hike almost straight up. Thankfully a small postal van came to our rescue. Our hiking legs are not what they used to be when we visited this region 20 years ago. Hope you like the images as much as I liked seeing them.

Sorry if the captions aren't as descriptive as I'd like.

As always

Lowell

Ps click the images and they will enlarge.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

In ArdezIn Ardez
In Ardez

Sweet Image
Got rid of the Peugeot and picked this up.Got rid of the Peugeot and picked this up.
Got rid of the Peugeot and picked this up.

Unfortunately all our luggage had to be left behind. 1/2 of mine and all of Gloria's .
YES,YES,
YES,

Just wait till those Germans want to pass now!
Yes the sun has finally appearedYes the sun has finally appeared
Yes the sun has finally appeared

Gloria has spotted something yellow in the sky


4th September 2014

Forgot to ask why you got the fabulous car and left your luggage behind?

Tot: 0.53s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0952s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb