Die Schweiz - gruetzi wieder


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Lucerne
September 21st 2006
Published: September 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

sprungsprungsprung

Stef & I test the water in Verzascatal
The Swiss train leaves right on time - the Italian train to connect with it has 25 minutes to spare but arrives 23 minutes late - I benefit from the run. Northward its obvious when we reach Switzerland - its where the scenary becomes stunning - passed the lakes of Tessin and through the mountains of inner Schweiz. Arriving in Luzern is a blast from the past. I head straight for the lake - Stef arrives by bike and we enjoy a swim and catch up. Astrid and Bruno were so welcoming and we appreciate their hospitality and company for the next two days. After bircher meusli its off on the bikes to explore town. Next night its a send off for Stef with dinner and friends - time to play mafia, meyer and the guitars.

The train takes us south through the Gotthard tunnel to Airolo for a wander up the slopes. We continue south to the beautiful Verzasca Valley in the Italian part of Switzerland. I arrive first in the little village of Brione. I'm just sorting some accommodation in a 16th century house run by Irene a hard case old french woman when Stefan arrives on the back of Vesna's Ducati. We enjoy two nights staying at Irene's including traditional bread and cheese breakfasts in the stone floor kitchen. The days are spent exploring the river valley with its stone houses, inviting pools and boulders for Stef to climb. As Vesna and Stef head north it's all too soon I start my journey home via Milan and Bangkok. Off to the Foreign Corresponndents Club in Bangkok on the back of Gins bike - a bar on the top of the tallest building and away before the coup. With fresh eyes I head back 2 Aotearoa.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb