In Lucerne


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Lucerne
June 23rd 2009
Published: June 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We are now in Switzerland. After a bit of a faux pas. Kay abd Dave weren not able to get off the train at our first stop. We were on the platform and the doors closed and off they went to Zug. Ahhhhh*******
They did buy tickets back to where we were and we ALL went to Lucerne.
But let me back up. We toured Pompeii and marveled at the old-ness of the ruins. The day was hot so were glad for the bus ride back to Rome.
Saturday we toured palentine hill and the forum. Al was in heaven. He got to walk where the Romans walked. Ate, well again, at a street side cafe before setting off for more ruins and a museum of pre-history Rome.
Sunday was the travel day to Venice. We arrived in enough time to check in, take the water taxi to St Marks to get the museum pass. After lunch we toured the palace and prison. There were several rooms or armor and weapons. Al is so knowledgeable we are envious but grateful for the extra info. Siince there was not much else to do in Venice we left early Monday for Lucerne. (see the above snafu)
In Lucerne the weather turned cool and rainy. Still we did a walkabout and saw the Lion Monument. Tuesday is Mt Pilatus. It, too, was cool and rainy. The top of the mountain, 7000 feet, was shrouded in clouds with snow. It is June 23! We bought trinkets and a warm lunch then took the cogwheel train down to the lake and the boat back to Lucerne.
As of now we found an internet cafe from where this is being written.
Dave says he tried to get ono to the Washburn email but it is blocked. Sorry.
Tomorrow we head for Ballenberg and the open air museum then to Sion and Daniels.
Until next time......
Oh sorry no photos as I am not on mz mini me laptop. 😞

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb