Stunning Switerzland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Lucerne
December 4th 2006
Published: December 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Mount PilatusMount PilatusMount Pilatus

Mount Pilatus over Lucerne
Spent a few days in Zurich, by far the most happening city in Switzerland. Great vibe, heaps of bars, cafes and shops everywhere. We were lucky to have a guide to show us some "real" spots, Nick's old school friend Murray. He even convinced Nick to eat out in a vegetarian restaurant which was heaven!!!

Well they say that Lucerne is "the Switerzland people think of when they think of Switerzland" and it's true. Lucerne has the old medieval town with the obligatory cobblestones, a gorgeous azure coloured lake and of course the mountains. It was rather cloudy when we were there but we did a boat trip up Lake Lucerne which was lovely. Our destination was Vitznau, a sleepy little town halfway up the lake. Seemed to be only one place open for lunch (after all it was a Monday and nothing seems to happen on Mondays) which was very cosy, after serving us the chef and his wife sat down at the table next to us for their own lunch.

We managed to fit some culture in too - at the pub! We couldn't work out why there were so many babies and kids at the pub
MountainsMountainsMountains

Mountains around Lake Lucerne on the boat trip
but then St Nicolas and his procession walked in and the kids went wild. He handed out lollies to everyone, and Nick couldn't help himself and slid one along to the dog sitting at the bar who was gazing longingly at one just out of reach...!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

VitznauVitznau
Vitznau

View of Vitznau from afar


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb