Zurich - Bern - Lausanne


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Berne
March 7th 2010
Published: March 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 7.3.2010 day 145
Zurich - Bern - Lausanne
Switzerland is the home of the world wide web and lots of other stuff but it is snowing again today, even so we thought we would try and avoid toll ways. We got to the centre of Zurich ok and had a look around that but when we tried to get to the capital of Switzerland, Bern without tolls the roads were too icy and snowy so we decided go by the toll roads. Which cost $40 Aus and the pass last a year only thing is we only needed it for today? Oh well better to be safe on the toll roads. Once on the toll way we drove to Bern, it’s so small for a capital and has a wonderful 15th century city centre with cobblestones old buildings and statues. It is a Unesco world Heritage site. We then drove to the City of Lausanne which is on the side of Lake Geneva. Lake Geneva is Europe’s largest Alpine Lake. Lausanne is the hope of the IOC and the Olympic museum is in Lausanne. We were going to stay the night in nearby Valais an area which has the 10 highest mountains in Switzerland, and go to Geneva as well but our friends where away today so we hoped to see some of the mountains in the distance from here but could not due to the low clouds so we drove on to Dijon in France.



Additional photos below
Photos: 65, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb