Beautiful Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Berne
August 18th 2009
Published: August 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post


Well, the van made it all the way to Sunny Switzerland without any major problems! That's a whole lot better than last year!

Our first stop when we hit the continent ws a place in france called Buzancy. We were only here as a quick one night stop so we slept in the tent and left the awning safely strapped to the roof of the van. nice campsite off the beaten track with its own lake to swim in and a chippy van serving burgers and chips etc.

We then drove further south east to Langres (went here last year but stayed in a chalet). Lovely site looking over a large fishing/watersports lake. It has a restaurant/bar and gamesroom and nice private pitches. But hundreds of wasps, which Adam wasn't too happy about as he has a huge phobia of them! We stayed here 2 nights.

After that we took the long drive down to lauterbrunnen, Switzerland and camped for 6 nights in Jungrau Campsite. This is the largest, most popular site in the region, fab for backpackers and walkers. we took a Walk to some Fantastic Waterfalls all set in amongst the mountains and creating it's own caves and caverns. Spectacular! We have a nice pitch (although you neded a jackhammer to put the pegs in the ground!) in a shady/sunny spot. The campsite is really lovely. It's set at the end of the dead end road and on 3 sides of us there are mountains, in the distance Mount junfrau looks down on us with its snowy peaks.

Yesterday we drove to Grindelwald and got on a 6 seater cable car for a 25 minute trip to a place called First. Once there we all decided to be a bit daring and went on the First Flyers. Basically you climb steps up to a platform perched on the edge of a ridge, you then sit in a safely harness ( not unlike the ones babies sit in a bounce in doorways!), rest your feet on a gate in front of you and then they count down from 3....2......1........! the gate opens and you fly down to the bottom suspended on a cable. Very cool but not as fast as I expected. I was terrified at the thought of it but could do it again anytime now!

Today is our last day in Switzerland as we need to start to head North again. Tomroow we will be heading to Germany to a place caled baden Baden and stay there 2 nights. Then we'll drive through Luxembourg to Belgium and stay there one night before going back to France for a quick stop over near Calais.

Got to stop typing now as the sun is gleaming onto the screen so i can't see what I am typing! (hence probably made spelling mistakes and typos!) See you soon!

The Turners xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb