Sledging n skiing


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Berne » Gstaad
December 17th 2009
Published: November 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

The days we spent with Kat, Andy and Solo were very relaxing. We played in the snow, cooked together, and sat for hours on the sofa just chatting. I cooked chicken curry and roti which Solomon totally loved - and of course Kat and Andy too - but they knew this food from having travelled in India.

Today Kat and Andy made plans to take us to the ski resort, which normally does not open so early in the year, but this year the snow started early, so the resort opened just this week - lucky us!

Getting dressed for the ski trip was a big deal cos we needed snow clothes. Kris and I had ski pants and all three of us had snow jackets, but Kee did not have proper pants, so after trying on Solo's pants which were too short for her, she had to wear Kat's pants. We did not know how to ski so we were going to sledge down the mountainside - EXCITING!!!

To spend four hours at the ski-resort, use the cable car as many times as we wanted cost us R900 for all three of us-which to me was more
And of course...And of course...And of course...

everyone trying to eat with their fingers!!
than reasonable. And when we returned the entrance discs, we were refunded R300 or if we preferred a whole batch of chocolates - Gosh that was so cheap!! We opted for the chocolates of course!!

Krisel's edit: We were so excited to do this sledging thing 😊 But it was not all fun😞 As we were sledging down the mountain, the cold wet snow was getting into our clothes, under our jackets and even our gloves got sopping wet. I'm not even going to mention our feet, sometimes I thought we had no feet left as I could not feel my feet anymore ( Next time we so need to get proper snow shoes). We had to keep going into the bar area to warm up our feet and hands, but the sledging was so fun, that as soon as we thawed out a bit, we went back into the icy snow.
After a fun filled day on the swiss slopes, we went back home to delicious hot chocolate and nasty cheese fondue, lucky, mommy had a back up plan-egg chutney and rice(not my most favourite food in the world but definetly 100 percent better than the fondue!!!!)
SolomonSolomonSolomon

was addicted to the roti n to the girls maybe?

Keeran's edit: Solo - pronounced - (Sol loh) cute cute cute was teaching us how to sledge. 😊

Cindy here again: Andy made us cheese fondue and a delicious almond sweet dessert. Gosh I have to say the cheese was delicious but it stank so much that you needed to hold your nose while eating it. Their bread was also delicious and I was eating so much of cheese and bread it was not funny!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

AndyAndy
Andy

making us delicious almond treats
Sweet Almond treatsSweet Almond treats
Sweet Almond treats

This is one of the things I loved in Europe
Yummy...Yummy...
Yummy...

these are really good
SledgingSledging
Sledging

First attempt...scary
Be careful mom!!!Be careful mom!!!
Be careful mom!!!

Keeran was so concerned that I was going to fall off, but I could do this better than them!!!
Warming up in the coffee barWarming up in the coffee bar
Warming up in the coffee bar

Cutie Solo eventually got over his shyness...
SoloSolo
Solo

...and got on like a house on fire with the girls
Kat n meKat n me
Kat n me

Looking pwetty


Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0872s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb