How many Luxembergerlis are you going to eat when we get to Zurich?


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich
October 12th 2006
Published: October 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today we took the opportunity to sleep in and have a leisurely brunch at home. Then we walked downtown to take in the scenery, grab some snacks, and do a little shopping. Just like last October in Zurich, it is beautiful out with temperatures in the 60s and sunny skies. Lovely.

J has been asking me "How many Luxembergerlis are you going to eat when we get to Zurich?" for weeks now. Luxembergerlis are divine little treats - stay tuned for photos of the little delights. They come in many flavors including lemon, chocolate, raspberry, champagne, hazelnut, coffee, cinnamon, vanilla, mandarin, caramel, and fig. They are sold at Sprungli where the ladies behind the counter place them carefully into a box with little silver tongs. Luxembergerlis are very delicate and go stale within a day or two so it's important "to enjoy as soon as possible" as the sticker on the box says. Well, we followed that instruction and broke the seal about 5 feet outside the store! Sprungli also has many other delicacies of course as well as a cafe serving excellent hot chocolate (but not quite as good as Angelina in Paris!).

We conserved cash by eating in tonight - on the menu: homemade calzones.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



26th October 2006

Luxembergerlis
ok, i am waiting for the pictures then!!!! ;)

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb