22nd Aug - Zurzach, Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich
August 24th 2008
Published: August 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all from Zurzach - on the border between Switzerland and Germany, on the Swiss side.
Today we drove from our camping spot to Zurich. We found the old part of town - which is a walking only area, and had a wander around. The city is quite big and we arrived around lunch time so there were people everywhere! At least school holidays appear to be over so there are not too many holidaying families. Zurich had a lot of old buildings which looked impressive.
We went to the main tourist attractions in Zurich - the Grossmunster (a church with two massive steeples/towers) and the Fraumunster (another historic church). We climbed the tower of the Grossmunster which had a really great outlook over the city.
After we had explored the city we headed back to the car. Daniel found another toy store - so of course we headed into the Lego section. They do have an impressive range of Lego over here - enough to get Daniel oohing and aahing.
We stopped in at a camping ground to check-in in Winterthur - but the reception didn’t open until 6.30pm and we were there at 3.30. After stopping to use the toilets we decided to move on since they only had 2 toilets and 1 shower for an entire camping ground! So we’ve now made it up to the border so tomorrow we can go and explore the black forest in Germany.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Climbing down the towerClimbing down the tower
Climbing down the tower

The stairs were wooden and old here.
The singersThe singers
The singers

There was a mini carnival with a medivial theme outside one of the churches.


Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0813s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb