Time for Chocolate Fondue


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich
October 31st 2006
Published: December 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

What a glorious day! Shirt-sleeve weather and sun to soak up. We walked along Lake Zurich and sat watching the swans (and the people) going by. We came across an area where people had stacked rocks seemingly cheating the laws of physics and J decided to try his hand at it. We had not felt this relaxed and free for weeks, we let our guard down and we paid for it, when J's pride and joy Oaklies were stolen from a rock by where we were sitting. With all the tropical weather coming up, the only acceptable solution is to buy another pair.

Our two favorite lunch spots in Zurich are the Brat stand in Bellevue and Berner. Berner has excellent sandwiches and many things shaped like a pizza! Although pricey, the Berner girls offer great service with a small and always patiently explain the contents of each dish in English.

For dinner, we were treated to raclette at home. Raclette is a traditional Swiss meal of melted cheese with Gherkin pickles, onions, and vegetables (we had carrots & brocolli). You buy special cheese in blocks just the right size for your raclette maker. We followed up the raclette with another Swiss specialty - chocolate fondue with an assortment of "dippers": banana, tangerines, madelines, shortbread cookies, and Luxembourgerlis. Mmmmmmmm!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Helicopter Over ZurichHelicopter Over Zurich
Helicopter Over Zurich

We think this was a news helicopter simply filming everyone out enjoying the unseasonably warm weather along the lakefront.


6th December 2006

Luxembourgerlis
my friend visited the area and brought me back some of those Luxembourgerlis! it was fun to be reminded of them in your pictures!

Tot: 1.019s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 36; qc: 156; dbt: 0.7724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb