Zurich


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich » Zürich
August 12th 2017
Published: May 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Zurich our last stop on this adventure. We are back in the German speaking part of Switzerland so we now say hallo (hello) and danke (thank you). You feel like you have visited different countries with the multiple languages in Switzerland. We check into Hotel Alph then Christopher and I return our rental car at the airport. We don't need a car in Zurich. We take the train from the airport to Central Station, no stops and we walk about four blocks to our hotel. We walk around and we see hundreds of mostly young people swimming, playing volleybal, skate boardping, relaxing and dancping along the canal. Christopher and Brad decide to join them. They jump off a bridge then float and swim to a climb out spot. There are bars and DJ's playing music along the canal. Mark and I leave the boys at the canal and we continue exploring the old town. Brad and Christopher spend hours jumping into the canal and swimming with the locals.

Switzerland is very expensive so when we find an Italian restaurant with good food and reasonable prices we eat there every day.

Christopher has a friend Nick who is in Zurich and the boys plan to meet him at the train station. They buy some beers and head to the red light district. They sit on a park bench and chat with a working girl. It is fun meeting up with a friend so far from home.

Mark and I rent free bikes at the train station. We spend the day riding around the city. We meet the boys at a swim park. It is a park you pay to get into and they have a beach. They sell food and drink and there is a lawn and lots of shade. Great place to relax.

We were in Zurich two years ago and when I opened up my travel blog I realized I had not finished or published this blog. So it may be late but I am going to publish it now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.352s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.2367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb