Scandanavian Tour


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden
August 29th 2017
Published: August 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Oh those unforeseen meetings. We stopped at a market in the little town of Lit. We were discussing what we needed to get when 2 ladies bicycled up and said hello and asked us where we had come from and where we were headed. Turns out they were mother and daughter, Inger and Marielle, and Marielle was scheduled to fly to the US in 2 days to bike across the US with her girl friend! After some discussion they offered us their cabin for the night, (we had crawled out of the tent to a chilly 38 degree morning that day), along with dinner and breakfast so we we could discuss touring, Marielle's first trip! What a fantastic time! We talked a lot of bike and touring, but Inger also showed us around her property on a lake surrounded by woods. The house was built in 1887!!! Beautiful.

The next day was a short ride to Ostersund and a bicycle shop. A container of chain lube and chains for both bikes. The countryside is getting more pastoral. Still lots of woods but more farmland and the woods seem to be denser and the trees fuller. We've also managed to find some bike paths and paved and unpaved frontage roads to get off the E45 now and then!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.278s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb