The toys are back in town


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden
May 29th 2010
Published: May 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our family has become largerOur family has become largerOur family has become larger

First Ms Anthrax and Mr Black Death joined the family

Various stuff from our adventures in Sweden



In the last couple of months we haven't had time to write on the blog as much as we wanted to. Therefore we are a little behind with telling you all about our adventures in the world. We have a lot to write now. We have been to Barcelona and New York and the Bahamas. We will write about all of that. But first, before we write about all the exciting places we have been to and all adventures we had there, we want to write about what we've been doing in between travels.

First we want to tell you all that our large happy family has become even larger. First Ms Anthrax and Mr Black Death joined the family and a few weeks later Pneumonia and Hepatitis C came along. Dad was so happy and so proud when he introduced these new family members to us. Mum was for some reason not very happy and we can't understand why. Aren't mothers supposed to be happy when they have children? She should be happy. After all dad brought them home from a shop. It's not like she had to give birth to them or anything.
Our family has become largerOur family has become largerOur family has become larger

A few weeks later Pneumonia and Hepatitis C came along. They had to be quarantined for a while before they were let into the country

Last summer we were in a town called Malmo for a day. When we walked around there we saw a very funny looking house. It was all twisted around. We have been to many places in the world and we have seen many buildings but never seen anything that looked like this building in Malmo. We have a theory on what has happened to this building. This building is very high. It is in fact one of the highest buildings we have ever seen. We know that the world is spinning around it's own axel. It makes one turn in 24 hours. That's why we have day and night by the way. Well, we think that perhaps this building is so high that it can not quite follow when the world is spinning. So the world is turning around underneath the building and the building, since it can not follow, gets twisted. We are pretty sure that is what has happened. It makes perfect sense.

In Malmo we also saw a funny looking monument. It was of a revolver with the barrel tied as a knot. Why it was tied as a knot we don't know. Other guns we
A very funny looking houseA very funny looking houseA very funny looking house

The world is turning around underneath the building and the building, since it can not follow, gets twisted
have seen on display have been ready to be used. Well, this gun was pointing towards Denmark so maybe the knot had something to do with that. Maybe the Danes wanted the gun to be rendered useless in some peace treaty a long time ago.

Last year we also went to see a Harry Potter movie. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince to be precise. For the occasion we dressed up in our wizard and witch robes. Well, strictly they were not wizard and witch robes. They were our Jedi robes. But we hope that in the Wizarding world a Jedi robe is considered an acceptable outfit.

We liked the movie a lot and we like Harry a lot. Harry is the hero in the Harry Potter movies. We hope that we, just like Harry, Hermione and all the other wizards and witches, sometime in the future can go to Hogwarts ourselves for a semester or two. We think we could become a great wizard/witch duo if we were allowed to give it a try. But we don't want to stay there for too long though. It is at Jedi school we are going to get the
Revolver with a knotRevolver with a knotRevolver with a knot

This is a funny looking monument. It is a revolver with the barrel tied as a knot.
better part of our future education.

Harry Potter is not the only movie we have seen in the last couple of months. One day we went to the local cinema to see what they were showing. But we ended up going to one movie each because we fancied different movies.

Jean-Claude: "I wanted to see the movie 'JCVD'. 'JCVD' stands for Jean-Claude van Damme and there is no need to tell you who the big star in the movie is. As you know my name is Jean-Claude van Dog and I am named after the actor Jean-Claude van Damme. When one of Jean-Claude's movies is screened I want to go and see it."
Emma: "I like my brother Jean-Claude of course but the actor Jean-Claude not so much. Sure, I can see a good action movie every now and then but this particular day I was not in the mood for that. Instead I wanted to see '17 again'. The actor Zac Efron is the big star in that movie and he is so cute"
Jean-Claude: "I can't believe you saw such a chick flick. Are you in love with Zac Efron or something?"
Emma: "Er... No I'm not...
Going to a Harry Potter movieGoing to a Harry Potter movieGoing to a Harry Potter movie

Last year we went to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. For the occasion we dressed up in our wizard and witch robes.
How can you think that?"
Jean-Claude: "You are blushing! You really are in love with him!"
Emma: "Maybe a little..."

One day when we were at home mum and dad wanted to take a walk. There we saw a real witch who had crashed. We think the witch might have been playing quidditch when the accident happened because she was riding a broomstick and then she crashed into a signpost. We felt sorry for her and wanted to call Poppy Pomfrey to get the witch help to get into the hospital wing at Hogwarts. But mum and dad just told us not to be silly and walked away from there. We can't understand what it was that was so silly about trying to get help for an injured witch. We wanted to help her. Isn't it a good thing to help people who are in need of help?

One day last year we were in Gothenburg and met some friends from way back. It was Ebbe Ebola and Malte Malaria. Ebbe Ebola and Malte Malaria are both big fans of our blog and they sometimes give comments on the things we write. They have stayed here with us a
Going to a Harry Potter movie Going to a Harry Potter movie Going to a Harry Potter movie

We hope that we, just like Harry, Hermione and all the other wizards and witches, sometime in the future can go to Hogwarts ourselves for a semester or two
short while a few years ago. They had both been adopted to a family in Gothenburg and they were just staying here a few days to get used to live in Sweden before they went to their new family. Our house is a good place to get used how it is to live in our country. In our home there are many nice toys and when you are a toy, like Ebbe Ebola and Malte Malaria are, you need to have toys around you when you need to get acquainted to a new environment.

Mum and dad are good friends with Ebbe Ebola and Malte Malaria's grandparents. Yes, that's right. Our parents are old enough to be friends with our friends' grandparents. It is a bit embarrassing to admit that we have parents who are that old. They are old and, as you know if you follow this blog, they are a constant source of embarrassment. Well, they are nice to us and they take us adventures all over the world. In fact, we travel more than any other toy we have ever met so maybe we shouldn't complain.

We have on the Internet read about a place
Seeing two movies Seeing two movies Seeing two movies

One day we went to the local cinema to see a movie. We ended up going to one movie each because we fancied different ones.
in England called Stonehenge. We have asked mum and dad if we could go there some day but so far they haven't taken us there. But a few weeks ago mum and dad took us to a place that looked almost like Stonehenge. It is a place in southern Sweden called Ale's Stones and it is a so called ship setting. It means that the stones are placed in a pattern that reminds of a ship hull. It was fun to see Ale's Stones. Now that we have seen that maybe we don't have to go all the way to England to see Stonehenge. It is going to look pretty much the same, isn't it?

When we were in Southern Sweden we also went to an old building called Glimmingehus. When we arrived there we immediately recognised it. It felt like we had seen that house before. It took us a few minutes before we realised why it was so familiar. Glimmingehus is pictured on the backside of the Swedish 20 crown banknotes. On the front side of that banknote is an author named Selma Lagerlof and on the back side is pictured a famous scene from her most famous
Jean-Claude's choice Jean-Claude's choice Jean-Claude's choice

Jean-Claude: "I wanted to see the movie 'JCVD'. 'JCVD' stands for Jean-Claude van Damme. And I have to add that he is NOT too old for that shit"
book, The Wonderful Adventures of Nils. In this scene in the book, the main character of the book, Nils Holgersson, is flying over Glimmingehus riding on a goose named Akka. When we realised where we had seen Glimmingehus before we decided to re-enact the scene from the banknote with Jean-Claude doing the Akka part and Emma doing the Nils part.

We hope you liked to read about what we have up to in the months when we haven't been so active when it comes to update the blog. Soon we will write about our adventures in New York and in the Bahamas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Emma's choice Emma's choice
Emma's choice

Emma: "I wanted to see '17 again'. The actor Zac Efron is the big star in that movie"
Witch in distressWitch in distress
Witch in distress

On the sign it says "Don't drink and fly". Wonder that meant... We wanted to call Poppy Pomfrey to get the witch help to get into the hospital wing at Hogwarts
Meeting old friendsMeeting old friends
Meeting old friends

One day last year we were in Gothenburg and met our friends Ebbe Ebola and Malte Malaria
Jedi Mind tricksJedi Mind tricks
Jedi Mind tricks

We found this poster in Gothenburg. They were probably thinking about us when they put it up...
Ale's Stones are almost like StonehengeAle's Stones are almost like Stonehenge
Ale's Stones are almost like Stonehenge

Ale's Stones is a so called ship setting. It means that the stones are placed in a pattern that reminds of a ship hull.
Nils and AkkaNils and Akka
Nils and Akka

Glimmingehus is pictured on the Swedish 20 crown banknote. There is picture of Nils Holgersson riding on a goose named Akka and in the background is Glimmingehus.
Pulling a Nils HolgerssonPulling a Nils Holgersson
Pulling a Nils Holgersson

We decided to re-enact the scene from the banknote with Jean-Claude doing the Akka part and Emma doing the Nils part
We are playing criminalsWe are playing criminals
We are playing criminals

At Glimmingehus they had this device that was used for punishing criminals in the Middle Ages.


30th May 2010

Hooray!
.. we're finally famous!! And welcome back!!

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb