Halmstad Sweden


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden
July 9th 2007
Published: July 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

July 8th

Well the trip on the night Express wasn't too bad. the people in my couchette wanted the windows and the blinds closed which was great!!!!

Lisa met me at the train station in Halmstad!!!! it is great to see her again and catch up!! it's like she never left Perth!!

we drove back (on the wrong side of the road) to her and Johan's apartment. its fantastic!! i love what they have done with it. it is right in the centre of town.

chilled out today. Lisa and johan were a bit under the weather from the wedding yesterday.

SHOPPING: Maxi: the first real supermarket i have found in Europe. the place is huge and reminds me of a combination of coles and Big W. Lisa lead me to the Swedish lolly section where i somehow ended up with 1.2kg's of swedish lollies.


Lunch: Swedish Meat balls...mmm yumm!!!!

Dinner: burrito's not traditional swedish but they were very VERY tasty

July 9th

didn't get up too early today and spent the morning sorting out emails and this etc.
went for a run and got a little lost but that was quite entertaining. the architecture here is very similar to denmark. there is a great contrast between the white window frames and reddish brick buildings.

went out for lunch with Johan to a place near his work. it was (and apparently very common) a buffet style lunch. quite a lot of Swedish type dishes including a stew that was very tasty. Lisa finished work and her and i toured the city from the Picasso park to the castle and the main square.

went to Tylusand for dinner at a place called punch. Tylusand is the beach area where everyone goes in the summer when the weather is nice. i was informed that swedish pizza is apparently 'to die for' so i htought i would try it. i had a four seasons pizza that was separated into quarters of ham, prawns, mussels and mushrooms. it was fantastic.

as beer goes the swedes do not disappoint. the local beer i tried was very tasty,

July 10th

again i spent the morning just relaxing. i watched a movie called 'stomp the yard' ..i wouldn't rush out. when everyone was home from work we headed to another beach type area near where Johan's parents live.

we had icecream at a typical Swedish icecream place. waffle cone with cookies and cream and a scoop of swedish merangue. yum....

had dinner at Johan's parent's house. Lisa and i checked out the garden (a detailed inspection of the blueberry, rasberry, and cherry trees) whilst Johan fixed a board for someone.
BEST BBQ I HAVE HAD IN EUROPE. the meal was fantastic and Johan's parents were good fun.


trivial pursuit! i think i was at a slight disadvantage seeing as it was a swedish version but i came second so that wasn't too bad. the 1.2kg of lollies also disappeared today 😞

July 11th

X2000 train ride to Stockholm - uneventful

i found my way to the ferry ok and figured out how to get on eventually.
This boat is huge. a whole shopping complex, about 8 different restaurants and 1000 cabins. just my luck to get the very bottom one.

dinner: caeasar salad with crayfish tails (i think they painted some prawns red, either that or they have really really small crayfish)


the beds in the couchette were not too bad at all, however the snoring american and finn in the room were not so pleasant.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb