Excuse me, is that your snail Sir?


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden
July 2nd 2005
Published: July 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Went to the post office today to have my passport sent to the Indonesian Embassy per recorded delivery. Well, it is not exactly a post office, seeing as Posten AB went cheap and had these services taken over by ambitious merchants in a vain hope to cut costs, and the store owners no doubt hoping to attract more customers to their grocery stores and newspaper stands. Having had some unique experiences with the former postal agent I was a bit concerned about sending my passport per an outift that had recently taken over the honourable mail service only a few weeks ago.

It all went through in the end, although it took several attempts to get the proper postage cost calculated. The guy at the counter then carefully drowned the stamps in water before attempting to hammer them onto the envelope, and I started to imagine a coiled envelope-thingy with blurred out ink slipping to the bottom of the mailbox and attaching itself facedown to the backside of a parcel destined for some remote province serviced by the occasional bandwagon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb