Volvo Delivery


Advertisement
Published: May 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Volvo Day - We woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed after a good night's sleep. We had a big Swedish breakfast, packed up, and Volvo drove us to the Volvo Overseas Delivery Center. Our Volvo rep was awesome and very professional. We filled out some paperwork (5 minutes) and then she brought out our new XC90. She spent a half an hour going over everything Brian needed to know (because Amy wasn't listening). After a quick test drive, Volvo gave us lunch (Swedish meatballs of course), and then took us on a tour of the plant. It was pretty cool to see the assembly lines. Almost as complicated as an aircraft line. We also had to sign non-disclosure agreements because we were seeing new models, their processes, and other "IP". That reminded us of work, too! Volvo was very proud of the fact that 25% of the workforce is female and we saw proof with our own eyes - it was a fairly young workforce too. We loaded up the nav system and hit the highway. The new family truckster drove great although Brian hasn't mastered all of the automation and decided to stick with normal driving for a while. We arrived at a small spa resort in Varberg and took a nice long walk along the coast. After "wine-thirty", Amy booked a massage, Brian did a little reading (and the travel blog), and we called it a day (and still slighlty on MD time). Tomorrow we head farther south to the "Murder Capital of Sweden". Stay tuned.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0741s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb