Langedrag - Marstrand


Advertisement
Published: May 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dawnbreaker on landDawnbreaker on landDawnbreaker on land

Dawnbreaker's bottom after being painted.
15:10 pm
Our journey to Svalbard has been delayed by 8 days. Lars had alot of jobs that were delayed and needed to be done e.g taking the boat out of the water to paint the bottom plus sjöverket needed to measure the boat, something to do with a certificate of registation.
Anyway we finally got under way but only to Marstrand. Winds were blowing around 16 m/s and in the wrong direction. Valentine Stone, brother to Clive Stone, who we met in the Caribian with Pam, Clive's wife (Nicky Tam II), has been with us since 3rd May. He has been taking it wasy at our home. getting into the time deifference. He's been in Australia, India (where he lives) and now Sweden. Val will be 70 in July.
Nearly no one in Marstrand so it was easy to moor along the main key near the ferry. We had dinner at the Maritime Restaurant, as it's the only place open this time of year. Must check what the weather's like tomorrow.
Fod for our journey took 2 weeks + to get sorted out. Plenty of supplies which I hope will last for awhile. Food in Norway is expensive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

MarstrandMarstrand
Marstrand

Carlsten's Fortress


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb